Posted by pet | Life | Wednesday 9 April 2008 6:26 am

As some of you know, I have been whining like a baby about back pain. complaining to our surgeon that “There is something really wrong with my back”, his response has been, “Give it time, it takes time to heal.”

After I had a screaming meltdown in the surgeon’s office on Wednesday, he finally ordered an MRI. I had the MRI on Thursday last week; this was the final bit of the report.

“at L-5 S1 there is a metallic body resulting in severe neuroforaminal
Narrowing and impingement on the right L5 nerve root suggesting a
Graft extrusion into the right neural foramen with post surgical changes and inflammatory changes of the soft tissues and within the spinal canal.”

I was fortunate enough to have a copy of the report to take with me, when I saw our family doc, last Friday. Now as you may remember, on Nov.3rd 2007, I had all the hardware removed from the spinal fusion area, because of the unresolved infection.

Our family doc, felt that I should nuke the surgeon, and tell God he got lost doing laundry calmly discuss this MRI report with him. I didn’t mention this last week, because I was in major overload. I spent the weekend in bed, sputtering and hissing every time the MRI subject came up. Wondering what the heck is this “metallic body”?

Yesterday TheMasterOfTheUniverse and I met with the surgeon.
It is very clear from the pictures on the MRI that the second cage at L-5-S-1, has popped out of my spine. This was the cage used to space my spine, when the L-5 disc was dissected out. These are a few of the things the surgeon said. “It happens Once in a blue moon, when it rains, it pours, it’s like a domino effect.” I didn’t find him too amusing in fact, I am still pretty angry. He has been putting me off for nearly five months now.

TheMasterOfTheUniverse sat next to him, and I sat across the room, because I felt like biting him, hard. I must be picking up Tigger’s bad habit of biting when he’s upset.
I mentioned snidely that I was sure he was as thrilled to see us, as we were to be seeing him. He smiled at me.

Bottom line, I am scheduled for surgery on Monday, April 14th. At 7:30 in the morning, that is if our family doc will clear me for surgery. I see him late this afternoon.

The good news is the edema in my legs and feet is much better, and the pneumonia, seems to be getting better.

Thank you all for your prayer support, it has meant the world to me. Please continue to pray for all of us!

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.